Fire Destroys Properties at Tarkoradi

Fire has gutted a warehouse belonging to First Samuel Enterprise, a supermarket in the Central Business District of Takoradi.

The fire also destroyed nearby properties, including a radio station and assorted floor carpets and hardware shops.

An eyewitness, who mentioned his name as Appiah, told the GNA that the fire started around 1:00 pm on Saturday.

He said the personnel from the fire service struggled to quench the fire amidst distractions from some residents.

He said the fire service personnel had to use the parking lot of CBG Bank to gain direct access to the warehouse.