A 35-year-old man has died at Mallam West on Tuesday, March 7, 2023, as a result of severe rainfall in Accra. According to a report from Onuaonline.com that GhanaWeb saw, the dead died from electrocution.
It is said that a disconnected electrical cable, part of which reached the deceased’s room’s entry, fell in the rain. The deceased, who was not aware of the circumstances, was electrocuted to death after grasping his electrified door handle. According to reports, police transported his remains to the mortuary while trying to get in touch with his relatives.
The rains on Tuesday caused flooding in various areas of Accra, trapping hundreds of people inside their homes.